Kejo EOD Bomb Suit
The Generation 8 EOD Suit is designed with the operators comfort and protection as the primary focus. The suit and helmet are constructed from the latest in available material technologies and manufacturing methods. The armour protection available can be tailored to meet any pre-determined threat levels. The armour comprises multiple layers of soft water repellent Aramid Fibre
The inclusion of the anti-blast plates allows for the dramatic increase in the level of protection offered.
The outer cover of the suit is made from inherently flame retardant fabric with superior break open strength and UV stabilization.
The communications system is an integral part of the helmet and is powered from the communication box situated on the RH side of the smock reducing the necessity of carrying large and heavy batteries. The option of allowing the use of radio communications is offered; these are totally VOX operated and require no hands on use during field operations.
The helmet is manufactured of composite materials encasing an aramid fiber core. The face shield is constructed from a combination of acrylics and polycarbonate, when closed it is secured with two catches mounted out of the line of sight of the operator. The visors wrap around design allows for an uninterrupted view for the operator.
The suit comprises the following components:
- Jacket with ridged collar attached
- Hand protectors
- Spine protector
- Trousers, with quick release zips
- Throat blast plate
- Chest blast plate
- Groin blast plate
- Helmet, with built in fan, earphones , microphone light and visor
- Integrated communications system
- Aluminium case for helmet and 12v charger
- Carrying bag for jacket and spine protector
- Carrying bag for trousers, blast plates and overshoes
- Molded GRP skin with Aramid core
- Anti ballistic face visor made from hardened Acrylic/ Pol
- Weight: 4.2 kg
Jacket and trousers
- Outer cover: flame, fire and chemical retardant
- Ballistic inserts made from multi-layered water-repellent aramid.
- Weight: 15kg
Optional 6mm: V50 1400 (m/s)
- Suit without Armour Blast Plates: 15 kg
- Suit with 6mm Armour Blast Plates: 31 kg
- 12 volt DC
- 220 volt
- Dedicated to helmet ventilation and demisting system and communication boxes
BALLISTIC EOD HELMET
- The EOD helmet is made from a composite combination sandwich construction with an aramid core
- Incorporated in the helmet is the communication set consisting of an integral speaker and microphone
- An air ventilation system, which directs the flow of forced fresh air over the top of the helmet liner, across the visor and down over the operators face ensuring efficient demisting and clear view.
The helmet has a built in speaker and microphone which are connected to a controller mounted on the lower RH front of the smock. A volume control is situated on the top of the communications controller. Power for the controller is supplied via the communication box The system provides communication between the bomb disposal operator and his back up at the base station. This is via 100m of cable mounted on a reel.
The optional Hardwire duplex communications is supplied with the base station, headset, and 100m wire on a reel. The wire plugs into the bottom of the controller on the front of the smock.
If two way radios are to be used the controller box is removed from the suit and the radio substituted. The radio is fully VOX activated and does not need to be adjusted by the wearer during field operations.
- The jacket is a long sleeved, side opening design filled with flexible aramid armour pack.
- Provision is made on the front for the attachment of the rigid throat, chest and groin blast plates by means of buckles, webbing waist straps and Velcro on the collar.
- The high collar provides overlap protection for the helmet and visor.
- The trousers have fully adjustable supporting braces and wide Velcro waistband.
- The side of each leg has a full-length quick release zip.
- The overshoes are attached to the bottom of the trousers.
- The jacket can be quickly removed by pulling the quick-release straps attached to the side and shoulder of the jacket and the quick release zips on the trousers.
- (as tested with 1.1g, 22 Caliber, 17 grain Fragment Simulated Projectile, according to STANAG 2920 and US MIL STD 662F.)
|Front trousers with groin protection||690|
- The armour configuration of the suit can be tailored to meet a specific threat assessment. The V50 of the various components can be designed to counter the specific blast and fragmentation requirements of any given threat level.
- Protection provided with Blast Plates attached to the front of the suit:
|Collar 650 +1400m/s|
|Chest 650 +1400m/s|
|Groin 650 +1400m/s|
HELMET: V50: 610m/s
FACE SHIELD: V50: 680 m/s